(A while back I’d planned to launch a new productivity site, ProductivityToDo.com, but it makes more sense to fold that effort into 47Hats. So, here’s the first of a series of posts on tools and services for improved online productivity. Note the .pdf download at the end of the post! :))
The more people you interact with in, the harder it is to remember to follow up with them. Enter FollowUpThen.com (FUT) – an elegant alternative to missed deadlines, dropped conversations, and things in general falling through the cracks.
Here’s a few examples of what this free service can do for you, starting right now:
- You email a friend, coworker, your boss a question. More times than not, if they don’t reply you won’t remember. Instead, you BCC firstname.lastname@example.org and three days later you get a reminder from FUT with a copy of your email.
- Your girlfriend, boyfriend or just a friend has an important event coming up in a few months. Usually you’d shortchange them and you because you either forget it entirely, or don’t prepare to do it right. With FUT, you slap together and an email with info on the event – say your anniversary – a couple of to do’s (get flowers, gift) and email that to email@example.com. Come March 12th, you get that email back – just when you need it.
- You’re working on a project and have nailed down who is supposed to do what. You’ve got what you have to do neatly tucked away in your GTD system, but do they? In the recap email you send CC firstname.lastname@example.org and all recepients will get a reminder email every friday until you turn this off. Don’t like the generic look of that reminder? Spend $24 for the year to upgrade and add your logo, custom colors and custom explanation, and remind via SMS.
FUT is elegant – for the price of adding an email address, you get back a clear reminder exactly when you need it. No more wasting time emailing back and forth “Have you looked at x,y and z yet?” “no I haven’t can you send me that email again?”
I’ve been using FUT for two months now to:
- Make sure to send my girlfriend’s weekly timesheet in on Sundays at 4pm.
- Remember to evaluate that awesome new online tool I just signed up for before the free trial expires (email@example.com).
- Remind me when a book by an author I like is set to go on sale at Amazon so I can don’t waste my time checking again.
- Send low value emails I need to respond to my least productive time of the week (everyFriday3pm@followupthen.com).
To start using the FollowUpThen.com, just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
[cudazi_iconlist_icon icon=’risegraph32.png’ heading=’47hats Extra’ text=’47hats premium content’ link=’#’]