A quick shout out of support for my podcasting co-host, Patrick Foley, Microsoft Evangelist: His article, Use Multiple Visual Studio Project Types for Cloud Success, is in this month’s MSDN Magazine. Way to go, Pat! Also check out this post by Pat with expands and updates the article.
Not much being announced by MicroISVs and bootstrapping startups yet – how about changing that? Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org about the latest news your software company has made.
Interesting Answers.Onstartups.com questions with useful answers:
- Startup service design – launch early with mediocre design or later with “perfect” design?
- What’s the most efficient and cost-effective way to become PCI compliant?
- Get beta testers
Interesting Quora.com questions with useful answers:
- What are your top tips for using Quora? 10 from me to start
- What is the process involved in launching a startup at SXSW?
- How can I work my normal job and find time to be an entrepreneur?
News/posts for microISVs and Startups:
- A return to Feed Reading tops my 2011 tech predictions, by one of my favorite bloggers, Steve Rubel, has got me thinking its time to revisit RSS.
- Edelman, the company Steve Rubel works at, has been leading the digital curve for at least the past 5 years, making 11 Digital Trends to Watch in 2011 definitely worth watching.
- Just took another look at Legal River – it’s “Recently Answered” Questions makes for very useful reading if you’d like to get the real legal scoop on questions like handling trademark infringement.
StartupToDo.com, The Startup Success Podcast and other plugs:
- What’s new at StartupToDo.com. (StartupToDo.com is a subscription-based community of startup founders; if you’re not already a member, get your free 30 day free trial membership):
- No new guides this period.
- New at the Startup Success Podcast:
- Tired of being stuck in neutral in your startup? Why not do a MicroConsult with Bob Walsh? Instead of hypotheticals and too much information, Bob will work with you for an hour via Skype developing 8 to 10 specific todos that will get your startup in gear. Here’s what one recent client had to say:Details at 47hats.com.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)
photo credit: Star Walk for the iPhone and iPad