- Paul Morey, founder of MiddleClick has just started releasing demos on the Tutorials Page of his Windows app launcher program – one per fortnight for two more months. Paul thereby demonstrates 3 things: How nice snappy videos can sell a good product, how to keep prospective customers coming back to your site and there are still good .com domains can be had.
- Nico Westerdale has launched a new startup (Bits du Jour is going just fine), called TipFrom.me, a micro-affiliate service that converts your current customers into an active sales force. Cool idea. I think any time you can give a satisfied customer a reason to talk about your product, to add their reputation to your’s, that’s a good thing.
- Wayne Allen over at devzing.com, a Subversion/Bugzilla/MantisBT hosting service is offering a free copy of Mike Mason’s new ebook Pragmatic Guide to Subversion with your paid subscription.
Interesting Answers.Onstartups.com questions with useful answers:
- What is the number one reason startups fail?
- Help with my company name. What is the difference between ‘technology’ and ‘technologies’?
- I need help for a software product name
- Getting traction for web startup..
News/posts for microISVs and Startups:
- I can see the analogy: Dealing with “Information Overload” at infovegan.com.
- Ash Maurya has made the first 2 chapters of his forthcoming book, Running Lean, available. I really like Ash’s approach to making Lean Startup methods practical and non-faith-based startup building in general. Even if you decide not to pre-order the book, grab these two chapters.
- Tech news these days is like ten firehoses hitting you in the face: if you’re looking for a good daily summary, check out Lauren Indvik over on Mashable and her “This Morning’s Top Stories in Tech and Social Media” posts – short, and good stuff. Hopefully Mashable will add a custom RSS feed for this feature, especially if you email them. In the meantime, http://goo.gl/ZWTM will get you there.
StartupToDo.com, The Startup Success Podcast and other plugs:
- What’s new at StartupToDo.com. (StartupToDo.com is a subscription-based community of startup founders; if you’re not already a member, get your free 30 day free trial membership):
- No new guides this period.
- New at the Startup Success Podcast:
- Show #86 [link] [iTunes]. This week Bob and Pat talk with Matt Spradley, founder of Impirus Legal Websites.Impirus provides a “WordPress/Basecamp” tailored experience for solo legal practitioners, and Matt talks candidly about the challenges and opportunities of selling to not-early adopters, how and why Impirus is using Windows Azure (“Have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.”) and more.
- Tired of being stuck in neutral in your startup? Why not do a MicroConsult with Bob Walsh? Instead of hypotheticals and too much information, Bob will work with you for an hour via Skype developing 8 to 10 specific todos that will get your startup in gear.Here’s what one recent client had to say:
“I’ve been waiting for a long time for Bob to offer consulting. I just had my first MicroConsult with him and I am thrilled. From my jumbled thoughts he helped me form the right questions to ask, bringing depth and focus to my next business hurdles. Then we worked together to build a plan of action I can handle. Equal parts mentor, project manager and therapist, Bob helps you make the next strategic step forward.”
– Corey Maass, Gelform
Details at 47hats.com.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word digest in the subject.)