- Mike Stokes, HelpBurner, has released version 1 of this documentation/tutorial making tool. Have a look at this post about it, especially the comments.
- Sam Howley and his partner at OakFocus.net, have released CustomerCradle, a web based subscription service for small businesses to record and report on where their potential customers come from and how effectively they are converted into paying customers. (Think Google analytics for brick and mortar businesses.)
- And for something different! Swaggmedia.com is teaming up with Hip Hop Super Star and Twitter phenomenon, Soulja Boy to celebrate his birthday with a red carpet bash, exclusive performance and pay per view event – but in addition to streaming it live to subscribers, this will be the first time viewers can live stream an event to their mobile devices as it happens for $2.99.
Interesting Answers.Onstartups.com questions with useful answers:
- How to organize source documents and other documents required to run a business
- What mistakes did you make when you started your first business?
- Launch a new startup in August. Bad idea?
News/posts for microISVs and Startups:
- Have you noticed how we’re now into the second generation of Twitter tools? No? Here’s a place to start: 7 Tools to Make Better Use of Twitter Lists.
- Want to build your own Cloud? Here’s how: OpenStack Wants to Be Android of The Cloud.
- Two posts by Sraman Mitra on the economics of startup deal flow: Entrepreneurship Education: Are You Ready For Funding? and Who Is the Right Seed Investor For You?
StartupToDo.com, The Startup Success Podcast and other plugs:
- What’s new at StartupToDo.com this week. (StartupToDo.com is a subscription-based community of startup founders; if you’re not already a member, get your free 30 day free trial membership):
- New shows at the Startup Success Podcast:
- Show #75 [link] [iTunes]. This week Bob and Pat talk to Evernote’s CEO Phil Libin and VP of Marketing Andrew Sinkov about how Evernote makes freemium profitable, how this popular startup with over 3 million users connects via social media, why Evernote is a platform, and what kinds of startups and microISVs Evernote is interested in acquiring.
- Show #74 [link] [iTunes]. This week Bob and Pat talk with one of the founders of Agile development: Kent Beck. Kent was there at the beginning when pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration and the rest of the Agile development toolbox began to reshape IT; now he’s back for how the Lean Startup methodology is changing how startups get built. In this wide-ranging interview we talk to Kent about Agile and startups, several of his new projects including his startup, poker workout, and more.
- Active Scholarships at StartupToDo.com:
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)