- There’s a new startup podcast: Startups for the Rest of Us. It focuses on actionable strategies for bootstrapped startups, microISVs and Micropreneurs, with hosts Rob Walling of Software by Rob and Mike Taber of SingleFounder.com. There’s a new episode every Tuesday at StartupsForTheRestOfUs.com, with full episode transcripts provided. [iTunes link]. Way to go Rob and Mike!
- Will Rayer, Ubercode Software, has a new release of Ubercode out with an improved code editor, optimized highlighting code, and improved tooltips. Ubercode is an easy-to-use environment allowing you to create your own software, Free download available.
- Keith Platfoot, RBK Inc., has started an open beta of Maintaino, an online, subscription-based maintenance scheduling and tracking application. Beta participants will receive a 50% discount for a full year after they launch.
Interesting Answers.Onstartups.com questions with useful answers:
- What are the most common IT services needed by start-ups?
- What is the first step to driving leads?
- How to find and evaluate the most popular blogs to promote your business?
News/posts for microISVs and Startups:
- If you are a Seth Godin fan (and you should be), why not get out and meet other Linchpins June 14th? That’s the day of the Linchpins-are-everywhere-raise-the-flag global Meetup – with 764 (at last count) meetups happening. More info about this event here and sign up to attend/host a meetup here.
- A good post on the Facebook privacy debacle: Can Facebook Unring The Privacy Bell?
- Every year Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher host D: All Things Digital conference with great guests being asked pointed questions. This year is no exception: Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, and this beauty: FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski at D8: Trying to Get U.S. Broadband Up to Speed.
StartupToDo.com, The Startup Success Podcast and other plugs:
- Two new Guides at StartupToDo.com (StartupToDo.com is a subscription-based community of startup founders; if you’re not already a member, you will need to start your free 30 day trial membership for these links to work.):
- One new Show at the Startup Success Podcast:
- Show #69 [link] [iTunes]. This week Bob and Pat talk with Gina Trapani; developer, regular on the This Week in Google podcast, and former lead writer of Lifehacker.com. We talk with Gina about her latest project – ThinkTank – an open source insights engine for collecting and organizing social media responses. And we cover social productivity, Google Wave, and Expert Labs, which is supporting ThinkTank and connecting policy makers to the social graph. We also talk with Gina about gender and sexual orientation issues in the Startup World and in IT in general.
- Active Scholarships at StartupToDo.com:
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org with the word digest in the subject.)