- Pretty quiet out there…
Interesting Answers.Onstartups.com questions with useful answers:
- What would you do different if your startup was launching today?
- Does having a professional email account matter?
- SEO: Where can I get reliable information about building my website presence and reputation?
News/posts for microISVs and Startups:
- Want to know how to find your customers? This is the post for you: 7 Insanely Useful Ways to Search Twitter for Marketing.
- Cloudsourcing using Second Life: How I reduced translation costs of 200 articles from $9000 to $46
- Dreaming the Possible Dream (Tom Friedman, NYT).
- Getting an introduction to a VC is no mean feat.Tony Wright tells you how: How to Ask for an Introduction.
- A Pew Internet Study: Understanding the Participatory News Consumer. “The internet is at the center of the story of how people’s relationship to news is changing. Six in ten Americans (59%) get news from a combination of online and offline sources on a typical day, and the internet is now the third most popular news platform, behind local television news and national television news.”
StartupToDo.com, The Startup Success Podcast and other plugs:
- No new Guides at StartupToDo.com (I’ve had my coder hat on, finishing 2.0a):
- Show #59 of the Startup Success Podcast is up: [link] [iTunes]. Should there be a special immigration visa for non-U.S. startup founders? We grill Eric Ries of StartupVisa.com about the federal bill he and thousands of VCs, Angels, Silicon Valley notables, IT people, and others are supporting, tweeting and advocating.
Pat and Bob robustly question Eric on exactly how the Startup Visa would work, what it will and won’t do, how this VC/tech community political movement got started, and can social media become political action and even national policy.
- Show #58 of the Startup Success Podcast: [link] [iTunes]. Bob and Pat talk nuts and bolts, billing and bookkeeping with Greg Jones, CEO of Bookkeeping Express. A startup is a business and an outsourced, tech-aware, certified bookkeeper using a state-of-the-art online accounting system can do bookkeeping tasks better, and save you money at the same time
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word digest in the subject.)