The MicroISV Digest for the week(s) ending December 21st, 2009.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Joseph Thibault, Partner, Coursefeeds.com, is recruiting beta testers for a January launch of his new Learning Management System. (via email)
- Hector Sosa, PainlessSVN, has released PainlessSVN 1.1.0 and is offering readers of this blog 50% off when they type “discount47hats” as their promo code at http://www.painlesssvn.com.
- Joel Roggenkamp, bestattendance.com, has launched his microISV with Attendance Management System (http://bestattendance.com) is an easy way for community organizations to track attendance without the bells, whistles and cost of competitors.
- Jeff Lewis, Consultutah LLC, has relaunched site for SharpAuthorize.com. SharpAuthorize does one thing and does it well: It makes it fast and easy for developers to add credit card processing through Authorize.net to their .NET based application.
- Gareth Hayter, Slyce Software, has just launched the beta version of Visual NHibernate, a visual designer and mapping tool for creating and editing new and existing NHibernate projects and is looking for testers. Visual NHibernate reduces the learning curve for new users and increases productivity for .NET developers using the leading open-source object-relational mapper (ORM) framework.
- Show #48, of the Startup Success Podcast is one podcast you don’t want to miss: I interview Don Dodge, now of Google, on both the strategic developer/startup ramp ups you see in 2010 and how Google will be going head-to-head for enterprise wins for the company’s browser, cloud and mobile platforms. You’ll find The Startup Success Podcast at iTunes.
Relevant Blog Posts, Podcasts, Videos and Articles
- Andrew Chen, makes a good point in Benefit-Driven Metrics: Measure the lives you save, not the life preservers you sell
- This week’s microISV Digest is sponsored by StartupToDo.com: Focused action and discussion save you precious bootstrapping hours. Be Successful Faster with StartupToDo.com.