The MicroISV Digest for the week ending November 16th, 2009.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Jacob Gorban, Apparent Software, has launched Cashculator – the Mac way to track your cash flow. Cashculator is a different kind of personal finance application – instead of focusing on the past and logging previous transactions, it focuses on future by forecasting your financial situation, helping you make better financial/business decisions. (via email)
- Torsten Uhlmann, AGYNAMIX, is looking for feedback on his web site for Simidude, his great cross-platform network clipboard utility. (via BOS.)
- Two Startup Success Podcasts to catch up with: Show #44, Cathy Tullysmith, Opscotch (and Tech eCards). Bob and Pat talk to Cathy Tullysmith, founder of Opscotch about her new startup to help companies manage a helpdesk. Opscotch is a pure SaaS system that’s incredibly easy to try, so if you are interested, go to http://www.opscotch.com/ and check it out.
And then we have Show #45, Backing up your code, startup coworking in Seattle. Pat and Bob talk with Scott Wisniewski, founder of Transactor.com about his just about released backup software that works automatically to backup your Windows code and Mike Koss, founder of StartPad.org, a coworking facility in Seattle on what developers get out of going back into the office – but on their own terms. You’ll find The Startup Success Podcast at iTunes.
Relevant Blog Posts, Podcasts, Videos and Articles
- Last week I was at the Business of Software Conference 2009 in San Francisco. I can tell you right now, if you run a software business you want to be at BofS2010. Period. Why? Well this post, and this post, this post, and this BOS thread will give you a tiny taste of what you missed this year.
- This week’s microISV Digest is sponsored by StartupToDo.com: Focused action and discussion save you precious bootstrapping hours. Be Successful Faster with StartupToDo.com.