The MicroISV Digest for the week ending September 21st, 2009.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Chris Randall, Devenius, Inc., has launched a new tool for SQL Server DBA’s and developers: SnipStorm. SnipStorm lets users store, share and recommend T-SQL code. (via email)
- Liam McLennan, Eclipse Web Solutions, is looking for feedback on its mobile routing solution, (via BOS)
- Justin Vincent has launched Tweetminer, a new Twitter utility, and is looking for feedback on his site and product. (via BOS)
- Ruben Gamez, is currently in beta with his product Bidsketch (http://www.bidsketch.com), and has just acquired a complementary product, SixCentral with the goal of combining the two products. (via email)
- In show #38 of the Startup Success Podcast Bob and Pat talk with Gabriel Torok, founder and president of PreEmptive Solutions, a Java and .Net obfuscator company that’s going in a new direction: instrumenting your software so you can really see how customers use your app without running afoul of privacy concerns. Gabriel has some excellent advice for startups in general; this is one episode not to miss.
Relevant Blog Posts, Podcasts, Videos and Articles
- This news post, Feds launch Apps.gov; Cloud computing players salivate, caught my eye: when the federal government adopts a trend it truly has reached the late adopters.
Further (mostly relevant) Reading
- Three years ago Aaron Patzer had a prototype and an idea that VC after VC turned down flat. A week ago, he sold Mint.com to Intuit for $170 million. I’m totally not surprised: Aaron was kind enough to let me interview him about how he built Mint for The Web Startup Success Guide. Here’s the short version of the story of how he did it, in his own words.
- The private beta of http://startuptodo.com (a training/productivity community for startups and microISVs) continues; hopefully between today and the next MicroISV Digest we will launch!