The MicroISV Digest for the week ending September 14th, 2009.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Dan Gravell, elsten software, is looking for feedback on its music management application, bliss. They are also looking for beta testers. (via BOS)
- Milos Tanasijevic has launched DupeTrasher, that will identify and locate duplicate files on your Windows PC. I’ve got 4 pcs and three networked hard drives I need to run through this! (via BOS)
- Scott Carpenter, InvoicePlace, found a nifty interactive “expert system” online for (Australian) startups/microISVs who need to broaden their working knowledge of Intellectual Property Laws as they pertain to them. 1Place expert system ( via TechNation Australia.)
- Atul Godbole, LogicNC Software, has launched Crypto Obfuscator For .Net. Here’s the gist: “Crypto Obfuscator combines powerful techniques such as symbol renaming, control flow obfuscation, resource and assembly encryption and decompiler & disassembler protection to provide the very best protection to your .Net code against reverse-engineering. Additionally its metadata reduction, assembly & resource compression and dependency embedding functionality simplifies and reduces the deployment of your software.” (via email)
- In show #37 of the Startup Success Podcast Bob and Pat talk with Ginevra Kirkland, Six Apart Community Manager, about how to care for, nurture, advocate for and grow an online social community. Ginevra has been a Community Manager at Six Apart (makers of the TypePad blogging service) for over five years and is way ahead of nearly all of us on the Social Media curve. Note: Ginevra was kind enough to offer a 15% off discount code for TypePad for Startup Success listeners.
Relevant Blog Posts, Podcasts, Videos and Articles
- Brian Swanson over at Purple Ant pointed out a post over at Rands in Repose: Your People. I gave it a quick read, stopped, and read it a second time with my brain set to ‘record’. Also check out from the same source: Managing Humans. And the Nerd Handbook!
Further (mostly relevant) Reading
- Don Dodge has an excellent post out, Rules for evaluating startups and suspending disbelief. Want to know how VC’s/Angels look at your startup? Read this post.
- A good wrapup on the state of self-employed health care insurance availability today: Do Health Insurance and Self-employment Mix?
- On a very personal note, after 2+years of working on this idea, the private beta for http://startuptodo.com (a training/productivity community for startups and microISVs) began today. Wish me luck!