The MicroISV Digest for the week ending July 20th, 2009.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Milo Felipe, milObjects Software, has released SignApp Now, a simple and easy way to create online sign up sheets. (via email)
- Rob Walling, The Micropreneur Academy, is opening its doors to new enrollments soon. The Micropreneur Academy is an online learning environment for solo software entrepreneurs. Many current members have launched or are launching their own product/web app in the first few months. I recommended the Academy in the The Web Startup Success Guide. (via email)
- Dennis Gurock, Gurock Software, has launched their second product – TestRail – and redesigned their site. TestRail is Test Case Management Software for QA and Development Teams. (via email)
- “TN”, Cogitek Inc., is looking for feedback on their site redesign for version 3.0 RiaTest, an automated testing tool for Adobe Flex applications. (via BOS)
- The Web Startup Success Guide will start shipping this week from Amazon; you can get Chapter 6, Social Media and your Startup from Apress for free now. You’ll find a new excerpt on Startup Incubators over at Sramada Mitra’s blog, and two of 16 Startup Tools reviewed here.
- In show #30 of the Startup Success Podcast Bob and Pat talk with Julien Codorniou who heads up Microsoft BizSpark about this program for startups. If your startup is less than 3 years old and makes less than $1 million a year, BizSpark gives you free development and production licensing and access for 3 years to all of Microsoft’s technology.
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
- I found an interesting post over at Startup Africa (a very well written blog with the tagline, “Turning the key on African Tech….”) by Ismail Dhorat: 2 entrepreneurs 2 view points, what type are you? A good read.