The MicroISV Digest for the week ending June 8th, 2009.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Atle Iversen, PpcSoft, has released PpcSoft iKnow, a Windows personal knowledge management tool specifically designed to help professional knowledge workers manage information overload and increase their productivity.(via email)
- Corey Maass, Dubfiler LLC, has opened the doors to Dubfiler, an online file transfer service built especially for DJs, producers, promoters, and musicians. Definitely has the best music of any microISV – check out sub.fm and The Kids Are Bored.
- Brian Wiblin, FillAnyPDF LLC, has launched FillAnyPDF. FillAnyPDF.com is a website where you upload your PDF form and link to it so other people can fill it out and sign it online. No software is needed. Brian added in his announcement email to me, “This site was largely influenced by the book Micro-ISV: From Vision to Reality [link]. I struggled with the name for a long time until I read the book and said “what does it do?” . Within 10 minutes I had the URL picked out 🙂 Also from the book, the home page tries to have all the key elements, show the product, establish credibility, etc.” Go Brian! (via email)
- Nir Dobovizki, NBD Tech, has released a new version of yaTimer, a task and timer Windows tracker, and is looking for site and product feedback. (via BOS)
- Kuzmitskiy Dmitry, djsoft.net, is looking for feedback on his site for his two products, RadioBOSS and RadioLogger. (via BOS)
- Pat and I have been swamped – me with getting StartupToDo ready to launch and The Web Startup Success Guide proofed; Pat with it’s the end of the fiscal year at Microsoft stuff. We’ll have show #27 of the Startup Success Podcast up within the next few days, and have an excellent interview with Sramana Mitra author of Entrepreneur Journeys: Bootstrapping: Weapon Of Mass Reconstruction that we recorded today for the show after that.
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
- Nothing this week.
Further (mostly relevant) Reading
- None this week.