The MicroISV Digest for the week ending May 4th, 2009.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Chris Hynes, Krystalware, Inc., has released version 5.1 of SlickUpload, an ASP.NET upload component that boosts robust upload handling, AJAX goodness and skins. (via email)
- Atul Godbole, LogicNP Software, has released another product: CryptoLicensing For .Net. CryptoLicensing for .Net is a 100% .Net solution to add licensing, copy-protection and activation capabilities to your .Net, Windows Forms (WinForms) and WPF applications, components and controls and ASP.Net web sites. (via email)
- Adriano Ferrari, has gotten his first sale of HabitShaper, a Windows goal-setting and completion program that calculates your targets for your goal, shared some stats (via BOS.)
- In show #24 of the Startup Success Podcast Bob and Pat talk with Daniel Kivatinos and Michael Nusimow, founders of the SaaS startup Dr. Chrono, about selling to medical professionals, technology choices, and getting mainstream media attention for your startup.
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
- Interested in what software other microISVs and startups use? Check out the startuptools Wiki at http://startuptools.pbworks.com/FrontPage
- Facebook and Twitter’s non-revenue models made for fresh meat at the New York Times: Tinker Away, Facebook Says (via the Something Wiki This Way Comes blog.)
- Excellent post with 16 examples: Landing Page Tutorials and Case Studies, at Copyblogger.com