The MicroISV Digest for the week ending March 30th, 2009.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Ron Mertens, Metalgrass, is running a Tweet about it and win a $800 OLED Kodak photo frame contest at OLED-Info. (via email)
- Andrey K, Cloudberry Lab, has been a busy guy: he’s just released a new version of his Windows CloudBerry S3 Explorer, and Twitter plugins for both Internet Explorer and Firefox. (via email)
- Vance Lucas, InvoiceMore, has launched his new online billing and invoicing solutions for freelancers, entrepreneurs, and small businesses, especially those who do a lot of recurring billing. (via email)
- Kevin Moore, Moore Software, is looking for feedback on his new site for MissingLink Project Center, a project management plugin for Microsoft Office. MissingLink provides a single, powerful window into the emails, files and people that comprise a project, from within Microsoft Outlook. (Disclaimer – I wrote the copy.)
- In Show #20 of the Startup Success Podcast Pat and I interview the founders of UserTesting.com, a crowd sourced user testing startup that cuts the price per tester down from hundreds of dollars to $19. Definitely worth a listen: Cheap usability testing changes how development gets done.
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
- Micah Elliot, has an interesting post, 15 Roles Every Startup Needs Filled. Warning: there is mention of hats.
Further (mostly relevant) Reading
- Some people if they woke up one fine day and found a large company had pocketed their revenue would just take it. Not Amy Hoy, Freckle Time Tracking, who wrote up how Google Checkout was anything but Not Evil and after the ensuing online uproar got some attention, got her money back. Her followup post, Google Checkout still unfit for business: I got my money, but would you? is something you should definitely read if you sell software for your living. Way to go Amy!