The MicroISV Digest for the week ending March 9th, 2009.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- David Christian, Bright Spark Software, has launched SimpleGlucose, an elegant online diabetes management service.(via email)
- Vijay Patel, Evolving Software Ltd., has released a new version of TrueView for .NET, a rapid prototyping application that uses Domain Driven Design. Free licenses for blogging reviewers. (via email).
- Speaking of free review copies Germán S. Arduino, PasswordsPro, is giving away free licenses to bloggers who want to review their passwords/notes manager, PasswordsPro. (via email)
- Persistence pays off. Jason Abate, Panopta.com, is offering readers of this digest 25% off his burgeoning web site/application monitoring service to mark his first full year in business. Details in the BOS post, but worth quoting: “At this point, we’ve had month-over-month growth in website traffic, customer signups and total revenue every month except for one, and it’s now generating enough revenue to support multiple people. In that time we’ve gone through three complete website redesigns (including the latest that launched last week) and nine major releases of the application.” (via email)
- Aulay Macaulay, Marvel Internet Group, is looking for feedback and suggestions on his new startup, JustRosters. Definitely check out Aulay’s blog posting about how he went successfully from conception to launch in two months.(via email).
- Mike Stokes, Nett 30, wrote in to announce Nett 30 – a small business/contractor/developer invoicing web app is out of beta and available (via email).
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
- Scott Carpenter, InvoicePlace, found two good posts for your reading: Starting Up In A Downturn – 10 Reasons To Start A Company In An Economic Downturn and Caffeine addiction? Manage your coffee intake. (Back in college I had a girlfriend who worked her way up to 45 cups a day. It didn’t turn out pretty.)
Further (mostly relevant) Reading
- The Collapse of the VC Ecosystem & What It Will Look Like Post Recovery is an excellent post by serial entrepreneur and blogger Furqan Nazeeri is well worth reading if you’re under the impression that the equity funding world has been somehow untouched by recent economic events.