The MicroISV Digest for the week ending February 23rd, 2009.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- If you’ve been interested in Twitter but not sure how it can increase your microISV’s online reputation, Kristen Nicole’s and I’s Twitter Survival Guide ebook goes on sale for one day via Bits du Jour Tuesday, Feb. 24 ($14.95 instead of $24.95)
- The Business of Software Network is hosting an online chat this week on Twitter and microblogging we me Thursday, Feb. 26th at 5pm GMT/ 9am PT.
- Steve Li, Cellbi Software, just published SvLite Effects 2.0 – a Silverlight dynamic animations library. Steve is looking for feedback on the 2.0 version of his product. (via BOS)
- Show #16 of the Startup Success Podcast featured an interview with Rails developer and Atlantic Dominion Solutions CEO Robert Dempsey on going from development house to startup, pragmatic startup development, rails and more.
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
- Ian Landsman, UserScape, has a new post up you should read: How to Sell More Software by Adding 12 Characters to Your Homepage.
- Another story about iPhone developer: from downsized IT professional to iPhone developer making money: Experiences Of A Newbie iPhone Developer.
- Ian Ozsvald, ProCasts.co.uk, a professional screencast maker, has put together a post good resources for microISVS/startups who are ready to tackle putting their app into the movies at Screencaster Interviews and Articles. (via email)
Further (mostly relevant) Reading
- If you think you know the future, your future, you’re wrong. Here’s another TED conference presentation that will remind you the future is coming down the tracks: Juan Enriquez: Beyond the crisis, mindboggling science and the arrival of Homo evolutis. (if you own an iPhone, get the TED app.)