The MicroISV Digest for the week ending January 5th, 2009.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Jamie Gaines has jumped into the microISV waters with his startup Zig Internet Solutions, launching PhotoCannon. PhotoCannon is a cross-platform Adobe AIR application that makes it easy to resize and send multiple pictures at once. (via email)
- After a horrible time with a home grown ecommerce solution, then fixing the problem by switching to FastSpring, Hector Sosa of System Widgets has rebooted PainlessSVN Professional 1.0.1, resetting its 30 day trial so that customers can have another 30 days try it and offering a half-off sale until January 31, 2009. (via email)
- Sohail Somani, announced the official beta of Worklog Assistant (WLA). WLA gives you hassle-free time tracking for the JIRA issue tracking system so you never have to enter worklogs manually again. (via email)
- I announced the start of my next Apress book project, working title The Startup Success Guide. Thanks again for all the support here and here and keep those ideas on what I should cover coming!
- Pat and I released Show #10 of the Startup Success Podcast. We interviewed Scott Hanselman and announced the show’s new Facebook Page, where you can critique our questions for upcoming show interviews, suggest people to interview and remind me to speak faster, this is 2009 already!
We’re especially looking for questions re the present and future of Delphi since we are interviewing Nick Hodges of Embarcadero Technologies. Thanks Zviki for your suggested questions! Who else has a question for Nick?
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
- None found.
Further (mostly relevant) Reading
- None found.