The MicroISV Digest for the week ending November 17th, 2008.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Ryo Shimizu, CEO of Toyko-based Ubiquitous Entertainment Inc., has released Zeptoliner, an easy-to-use outliner for the Apple iPhone. I met Ryo in Tokyo this summer – he’s part of a growing list of Japanese-based startups joining the global micro software vendor world.(via email).
- Keith Alperin, Helium Foot Software, wrote in to let me know that the latest installment of the podcast Mac Software Business: Year One is up. When 4 experienced Mac microISVs get together, what they say is well worth listening to. (via email)
- Peldi Guilizzoni the founder of Balsamiq Studios and creator of Balsamiq Mockups has a very detailed post up: Hit $100,000 in revenue, time to start looking up. That’s in less than 5 months, by the way.
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
- Show #5 of the Startup Success Podcast is up – This week show includes an interview with Change Round-up CTO Andrew Badera, a couple of microISV tips, and ruminations on our first Social Media President. Subscribe to the podcast in Apple iTunes.
Further (mostly relevant) Reading
- Ready for a whole new platform? “Amazon to Sell OLPC’s XO Laptop Starting Nov. 17” on PC World’s site. The One Laptop Per Child Initiative has already delivered about 1 million units worldwide in a little over a year.