The MicroISV Digest for the week ending November 3rd, 2008.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Thomas Holz (Easy2Sync) has started ISV Tube – new blog, collecting videos of interest to microISVs and startups. Mostly from conferences, but some other good videos, too. (via email)
- Steve Cholerton – Arten Science – has released Pointer+ for the Mac. Pointer+ changes the cursor to a circular magnifier 200 to 800 px in diameter. More info at: Pointer+ for Mac OSX. (via email)
- Show #3 of the Startup Success Podcast is out. In this show I give Pat a hard time over Vista, he gives me the lowdown on PDC and Mairtini Ni Dhomhnaill gives all of us a quick intro to finance and accounting for microISVs and startups. Subscribe via Apple iTunes here.
- Avangate is again helping to sponsor the European Software Conference (Berlin, Nov. 8-9), and upping the conference’s Epsilon Award prize money by 1,000 euros. (via email). [Disclosure note: by arrangement, I’m doing a post a month at Avangate’s Blog, for example, Getting on the right side of economics.]
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
- Scott Carpenter (InvoicePlace) spotted this post at Flying Solo (Australia’s online microISV/Startup community) you might be needing: How to grow your business without borrowing.
- Patrick Foley – my cohost on the Startup Success Podcast – kicked off shall we say a very spirited exchange re why Cloud computing for microISVs, specifically Microsoft’s version. At BOS.
- TechCrunch (the U.K based version) started a new feature, Send me an Angel, where they’ll be posting Q and A with Angel investors about their approach to investing.
- Andy Brice found a good idea for a microISV while taking his son to a model train show. Maybe you need to get out more with your family like Andy did! (via BOS)