The MicroISV Digest for the week ending October 13th, 2008.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Patrick Foley and I have launched The Startup Success Podcast. SSP is available via iTunes and its home, http://startuppodcast.wordpress.com. More about the podcast, show #1, and how to get a podcast on iTunes (if you’re interested). Suggestions welcome!
- Andrew Pietsch released Mr Schedule, a Windows task planner, todo list and note editor, based Joel Spolsky’s Painless Software Schedules ideas. (via email)
- Phillip Hayes just released a new version of Taggtool – The Personal File Tagging Utility. Taggtool helps you organize your Windows files through the use of tags. I’ve got approx 350k workfiles/duplicates/junk and must saves on 3 Windows boxes – I wish Taggtool existed about 5 years ago! (via email)
- Steve Cholerton (arten science) has released macVCR 2.0. macVCR converts what’s happening on your mac to a QuickTime movie, with some very nice features and options. (via email)
- Peldi Guilizzoni (Balsamiq Studio), has been at it again: announcing 2 new products: Balsamiq Mockups for Jira Personal and Balsamiq Mockups for XWiki That’s some serious – and intelligent – code reuse. (via email)
- NZ announced Major Change, an online IT change management application, and asked for suggestions on the site and microISV product. (via BOS)
- Scott Kane – A longtime BOSer and 30 Days participant – has gotten MixAction, a Windows audio application for live presentations and theater to beta and is looking for beta testers and site feedback. Way to go Scott!
- Microsoft will be giving away 40 copies of my book, Micro-ISV: From Vision to Reality at the end Startup 101 – A Microsoft-sponsored 4 part business webcast I’m producing for microISVs and startups coming at the end of October. Strings attached!
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
The news continues to be dominated by questions re financial bailouts, looming resession, global financial meltdown: just another usual week!
- Another Scott Carpenter (InvoicePlace) find, Startups: Accept Change and Don’t Make Excuses. (via email)
- Smart Startup Advice: Don’t Panic – Profit. Another good post concerning the various recent “The party’s over” posts, emails and meetings VCs and angel investors have been having of late.
- Dude, Where’s My Ad?, Om Malik.”For the rest of us, the era of sleepless nights has begun.”
- Inside Details of Sequoia Capital’s Doomsday Meeting With its Companies, Om Malik.