(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Safari Software, (my company), has completed sale of MasterList Professional to Shohn Trojacek of SixTree for an undisclosed sum and to better focus on my new startup, StartupToDo.com. MLP’s new home is http://masterlistpro.com.
- Want some free help with your microISV site? Sharon Housley of NotePage, Inc. and Dave Collins of SharewarePromotions will be doing a live website critique webinar Wednesday April 29th at 5:00 PM UK time (12:00 Eastern, 11:00 Central). Sign up here.
r their many years of experience to dissect, criticize and sometimes rip apart a website’s appearance and setup.
- “UWF”, is looking for help on their site for WorkWolf, a robust Windows timer application. First bit of advice: people prefer to give their credit card info to a site that shares either a personal or business identity. Or both. (via BOS.)
- Andrey K, CloudBerry Lab, is looking for beta testers for their product, CloudBerry Online Backup.
- Mike Morris, PrimalBits Software, has released his new product: SQL Sets. SQL Sets lets you take and manage snapshots of SQL Server relational data and share that snapshot with others using a free reader app.
- In show #23 of the Startup Success Podcast Bob and Pat talk with Mandi Leman (CEO) and Veronica Jorden (Communications Manager) of Blellow – a microblog community for self-employed, stay-at-home freelancers, developers and professionals.
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
- Scott Carpenter Invoice Place, spotted a post that gets right to the heart of it: Quit Your Job. Why? Because you’re living someone else’s dream.
Further (mostly relevant) Reading
- Looking for a high quality read about what to do and not do when it comes times to use CSS? Check out Why Programmers Suck at CSS Design at Stefano Mazzocchi’s blog: clear, concise and really, really good.