- Charles O’Dale, Senomix Software Inc., has released a networked time tracking application for BlackBerry which ties directly in to a company’s (or sole freelancer’s) Windows or Mac OS X server computer. Senomix Timesheets links directly over the Internet to the server program and, once time tracking information is saved from a BlackBerry, it is then available to assist in billing and project management from any desktop computer without any need for cables, e-mail or other manual synchronization.
Interesting Answers.Onstartups.com questions with useful answers:
- Strategies to get more users to sign up to try our services
- 5 tests my next business idea will have to pass – Can you add more ?
- Where can one post a business plan for review?
- Tips for hiring a freelancer programmer?
News/posts for microISVs and Startups:
- For entrepreneurs, Quora has become the new Hacker News: the go-to-place to glean great, rich information related to startups – culture, technology, product, design, history, financing, etc. It’s all there and much of it is outstanding. Ryan Spoon has pulled together 14 Quora threads of special interest to startups.
- I’ve started using Goo.gl URL shortener whenever I can, here’s why: Is Goo.gl really the fastest URL shortener?.
- Here’s some research by MailChimp about which emails get treated by people as spam, there’s a couple of interesting little traps you want to know about: Research: Spammy Email Design Mistakes
- Something to keep in mind: The $105 Fix That Could Protect You From Copyright-Troll Lawsuits
StartupToDo.com, The Startup Success Podcast and other plugs:
- What’s new at StartupToDo.com. (StartupToDo.com is a subscription-based community of startup founders; if you’re not already a member, get your free 30 day free trial membership):
- No new guides this period.
- New at the Startup Success Podcast:
- No show this week – we had planned to make next week the no show week, what with me in Seattle Monday to do the keynote for Deploy2010, but it turned out to make more sense to make this week the no show week. We do plan to have a great show for you out Monday.
- One other bit of news: I’m newswriting again, this time at SiliconANGLE.com. Got news? Send it my way.
- Tired of being stuck in neutral in your startup? Why not do a MicroConsult with Bob Walsh? Instead of hypotheticals and too much information, Bob will work with you for an hour via Skype developing 8 to 10 specific todos that will get your startup in gear. Here’s what one recent client had to say:
“The Microconsult with Bob was excellent. Our particular problem was lack of sales. Bob analysed our website in detail and made specific suggestions for improvements, which would make it more likely for customers to buy our service. He is very patient and offers great value for money. The phone call in the Microconsult offer is for one hour, but our session lasted more than 2 hours! Bob is a true mentor. We are very excited and optimistic about making the relevant changes to our website.” — (Name withheld)
Details at 47hats.com.
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)