Welcome to the first MicroISV Digest for 2010 with a somewhat new approach. To increase the likelihood of me consistently doing this, The MicroISV Digest will come out on Wednesdays and cover about the previous week’s worth of happenings and news in the microISV/startup world.
Vance Lucas, InvoiceMore, has relaunched with a new, simpler, pricing structure and lower prices.
Atul Godbole, LogicNP Software, has released Versions 2010 of :
- CryptoLicensing For .Net (ActiveX and MFC editions also available): Add Licensing, Copy-Protection, Activation And Hardware-Locking To Your Apps, Libraries And Websites.
- Crypto Obfuscator For .Net: Powerful Code Protection, Obfuscation, Optimization And Simplified Deployment For Your .Net Apps.
Steve Cholerton, Arten Science, is The Man Who Does Not Sleep: he’s offering 25% off his (count them) 7 microISV’s products during January by using the promo code ARTJAN25 during checkout.
- ContaX CRM Build Relationships. Reap the Rewards. Effective CRM.
- R10Office Productivity. CRM. Redefined.
- R10Cipher Security For Everyone
- R10BatchMail Bulk Email. Done Right.
- R10Clean Clean Accurate. Data
- macVCR Beautiful Screen Recordings
- MonitorMac Timed Screenshots and Webcam Images with FTP Upload
Interesting Answers.Onstartups.com questions with useful answers:
- What should you monitor about your company in social media?
- What single book/text changed your life and why?
- Is it that I’m aiming too high? Or maybe I’m just not meant to be an entrepreneur?
- What’s a better marketing strategy: big-bang or ramp-up?
News/posts for microISVs and Startups:
Dharmesh Shah, founder of Hubspot and startup blogger powerhouse at OnStartups.com came up with a great idea: What advice would you give startups - in exactly 3 words? This is one post – with its comments – you want to print to pdf, load up on your phone and ponder/evaluate your way through.
Omar Ead has just started a Twitterlike web site for startups: http://thisisstartup.com/ : ratable 300 character posts feel positively roomy! I’d suggest taking your next break to read a few and post one there.
David Skok has written a well researched and excellent post of a topic of concern – Startup Killer: the Cost of Customer Acquisition.
Elie Kochman, Optimal Upgrade Consulting, has some good posts on the growing pains of consulting, if you’re still wearing that particular hat.
Chris Brogan found this gem: Get ready for some fun!
StartupToDo.com, The Startup Success Podcast and other plugs:
- Three new Guides (so far!) at StartupToDo.com this week:
- Daniel Kehoe has authored, Learn How to Conduct Competitive Research for Your Startup
- Introduction to social media for startups.
- Choosing between Google Moderator, Get Satisfaction and UserVoice
- Show #51 of the Startup Success Podcast is out [link] [iTunes]. Bob and Pat talk with Mark Juras, co-founder of Great Migrations about his firm’s deep software translation offering. If your company still running VB6 or ASP, Great Migrations might be the silver bullet you’ve been waiting for. And, Pat launches his own microISV in addition to keeping his day job (woot!). He needs a real name for his product – Call our Listener Hotline ( 206-202-6473) to make your suggestion!
- Take your time but hurry up! was a great guest post here by Jarie Bolander, author of Frustration Free Technical Management…
- …As was Inner Productivity and Startup Businesses by Chris Edgar author of Inner Productivity: A Mindful Path to Efficiency and Enjoyment in Your Work. If you’ve ever wondered why knowing how to not procrastinate <> stop procrastinating, you need this book!
- Jason Cohen over at the ASmartBear.com blog interviewed me – it was and uncommon and challenging interview! http://bit.ly/BobWalsh
(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)