(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Justin Magaram (Rain City Digital LLC) has launched TimesUpKidz – A Windows desktop app for putting the brakes on your children’s computer usage. Curb those bad habits early! (via email)
- Zviki Cohen is looking for feedback on his new microISV site for nWire. nWire is an Eclipse plug-in which expedites Java development.(via BOS)
- Dharmesh Shah’s Business of Software Conference talk is now online at here – and seven other videos of talks by the likes of Eric Sink, Jason Fried and Steve Johnson are up on the Business of Software Social Network site. (via BOS)
- Show #4 of the Startup Success Podcast is up: in this show Pat and I talk to Microsoft’s Larry Gregory about the new BizSpark program and I interview Peldi Guilizzoni creator of Balsamiq Mockups, a great Adobe AIR app.
- Speaking of BizSpark – Microsoft’s new better than Empower program for startups – you’ll find more info in these BOS posts here and here, and my take here and here. If you’re interested in getting what BizSpark has to offer, email me. I’m a BizSpark Network Partner.
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
All and all, a quiet week. I think it’s a combination of post-election fatigue and pre-Inauguration hopes…
- One post I was happy to write: What President Obama means for microISVs.
- Keith Casey offers up Non-competes: A Technologist’s Perspective.
- Interesting success story – World of Goo. (from BOS) Two words: Amazing execution.
Further (mostly relevant) Reading
- Scott Karstetter has a good tip on Easily Copy Your Bookmarks. A good thinkg to know!